Thursday 5 January 2012

Day Twenty-Three: Duo Back in Action

My first day back in overalls in three weeks: it feels good. I ceremoniously begun with a power tool; the orbital sander, which I took mercilessly to the front door.

Lucy dedicated her morning to her proferred least favourite task: grouting. According to her; (I didn't partake) squeegee-ing powdery grout into the tiny gaps between tiles and then coming back a couple of hours later to scrub all the excess out is tiresome, to say the least.

I got on with the idiot-proof job of painting all the windows in the house a slightly darker shade of "vanilla" than the walls. I managed a couple of interior doors too, and Mum came over and planted our first tree: a lemon. In cosmetic news; mum also added some more roses in the front garden and Lucy stuck up some pistachio-green "feature tiles" above the vanity in the bathroom.

Posted by Alice






No comments:

Post a Comment